Cloud 79 Student Account
LESD encourages students to utilize technology in order to:
- Communicate and collaborate with peers and teachers in a respectful manner.
- Enhance academic content by researching reliable, safe web sites.
- Publish work as designed and guided by the teacher.
- Create web-based portfolios for confidential and safe publishing of student work.
To ensure mastery of online safety, students will:
- Use technology at school only for academic purposes.
- Only log into accounts authorized to the student by LESD when using District technology resources.
- Protect personal information such as name, address, email, family information, or school details while visiting websites or engaging in online communications.
- Immediately report any suspected incidents of malicious online behaviors such as cyber bullying or online predators to a LESD staff member or submit an online cyber bullying form.
- Students uncertain about whether a particular site is acceptable or appropriate should consult an LESD staff member.
- Ask the teacher before registering or signing up for online accounts, including competitions.
- Participate in LESD provided online safety education programs.
- For grades K through 8, parents and students sign the student handbook that contains the acceptable user agreement.
- Students in grades 3 through 8 will sign an electronic acceptable user agreement for Google Apps.
Your Litchfield Elementary School District #79 (LESD #79) Cloud79 Student account has been provided to you as a powerful and innovative digital tool to collaborate, organize your time, and share your school work.
- Never give out your Cloud79 Account to anyone outside of your school district.
- Never change your password provided to you by LESD #79.
- Never share anything as Public, unless you have consent from your teacher.
- Never accept a shared item if you do not know and trust the sender.
- Never give out your password or student numerical ID to anyone, except your teacher or guardian.
- When in doubt, ask your teacher for help if you have any concerns.
- When collaborating within digital work, please respect your peer’s work.
- Your Cloud79 account is to be used for academic work only.
Google Apps is offered by Google in conjunction with LESD #79. LESD #79 may have access to your account information and data. Specifically, LESD #79 may:
- View statistics regarding your account, such as information concerning your last login or data storage usage;
- Change your account password, suspend or terminate your account access and your ability to modify your account;
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account, including your email, contacts, documents, and other information; and,
- Receive account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
Technology use at LESD is a privilege, not a
right, and failure to meet these guidelines could result in suspension of your Cloud79 Student account and other disciplinary actions, as outlined in your LESD Student Handbook. We believe you are a responsible, innovative, and collaborative digital citizen. You now have safe and powerful tools to accelerate your academic growth that extends beyond the campus, everywhere learning happens.
Students must agree to the LESD Google Policies before using Google Apps.
Director of Information Technology